29/04/19 (Part 1)
06/05/19 (Part 2)
13/05/19 (Part 3)
20/05/19 (Part 4)
Venue: Harrow Council, Civic Centre, Civic 1, Members Lounge, HA1 2XY
Dr Geri Gowans – Harrow Early Years
Links Learning and Development
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment (QTLA) Outcomes for Children (OfC)
* Understand typical child development.
* Understand atypical child development (SEND).
* Understand the factors that block learning, skill development and social and emotional development.
* Learn strategies to help children overcome some challenges to learn and develop.
* Learn about key types of SEND and strategies for helping children with SEND and additional needs to be included in learning and the overall life of the nursery.
Impact Practitioners will be able to:
* Understand child development.
* Identify and understand additional needs, SEND and emerging SEND early; intervene effectively; and support children and their families.