Early Implementers and Innovators
The government selected 8 early implementer local authorities who have provided the entitlement since September 2016 these are: Wigan, Staffordshire, Swindon, Portsmouth, Northumberland, York, Newham and Hertfordshire.
Early innovators in each local cluster will work together to focus on special educational needs and disability, flexibility, availability of places, and making work pay. The 25 early innovators are:
- North West: Stockport, Bolton, Trafford, Cheshire West and Chester, Bury
- Midlands: Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City, Walsall
- South West: Cornwall
- South East: Hampshire, West Sussex, Medway, East Sussex, Brighton and Hove
- London and East of England: Kingston and Richmond, Barking and Dagenham, Islington, Ealing, Hillingdon
- North East and Yorkshire and the Humber: Gateshead, Bradford, Sheffield, Eastriding, Wakefield, North Yorkshire
The links below are provided to assist Harrow schools, PVIs and childminders for information and planning purposes. The information provided is specific to the local authority or cluster group and therefore should be reviewed as such. Please ensure that as you view these pages you tailor them to your setting, locality, demographic and specific needs.
West Sussex - Childcare Business Toolkit
Kingston and Richmond - Case Study
Hampshire - Forecaster and tools