How to Apply for 30 hours free childcare
You can check you eligibility for all government childcare schemes including 30 hour funding through the childcare choices website.
If your would like to directly apply for 30 hours free childcare and tax free childcare you can do so here
Alternatively call the Childcare Service Customer Interaction Centre on 0300 123 4097 and apply over the phone.
You will need:
- Your National Insurance Number, and your partner’s National Insurance Number (if applicable)
- Your child’s name and date of birth
- Your Unique Taxpayer Reference if you're self-employed
- The date you started, or are due to start work
- Details of any other government support you get
The process for receiving an eligibility code is in two steps:
- Registering for a Government Gateway ID (if you do not have one already)
- Completing your application and if successfull receiving an 11 digit eligibility code
Once an eligibility code has been received you can take this directly to your chosen participating childcare provider along with your National Insurance Number and proof of your child’s date of birth. They will then gain your written permission to verify the code with the Local Authority.
Once verified, a place can be confirmed for the funding period after your child becomes 3 years old and a start date will be agreed with the provider.
Your provider will then claim funding for your child's place from Harrow Council. The funding will go to the childcare provider directly.