Based on current costings, as part of your setup costs you will need to expect an outlay of approximately £550, which does not include the procurement of resources or adaptations you may need to make to your home to ensure it is child friendly.
Childcare Business Grants Scheme:
If you are planning to offer 30 hour funded childcare to at least one 3 or 4 year old child as part of your business plan, then you will be able to apply for the childcare business grant which can offset some of your initial costs.
The childcare business grant scheme is now available to registered childminders who meet the following criteria:
- Are a NEW business and apply no longer than 3 months after registration
- Plan to offer the 30 hours funded childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds yourself or in partnership. This applies if you are a childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises
- Spend the grant on costs directly related to setting up your childminding business and retain proof of how you have spent the grant
- Have not received a grant under the Childcare Business Grants scheme before unless you are now applying as a CMA
- Have not been a private nursery, after school club or other type of provider
- At present the grant in Harrow is £300