Families Information Service
Harrow Families Information Service (FIS) are part of Harrow Council People Services and provide information, advice, guidance and signposting to appropriate services based on the individual needs of families. All the information we provide to families and professionals is free.
The information includes:
- Childcare provision in the London Borough of Harrow (Ofsted Registered and non-registered).
- Free early education funding entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- Information about local children’s centres.
- Activities for families, children and young people.
- Local and national services and voluntary organisations that provide support, information and advice to families with children and young people.
We also provide information, advice and guidance to:
- Childcare providers.
- People who are interested in a childminding career.
- People who are interested in working in the childcare profession or wanting to set up a childcare provision (e.g. nursery/playgroup).
- Professionals working with children and families.
- We also support professionals in their work with children, young people and families by providing a central information resource to help guide the services and information that they may need.